Adding a blog to your website can help to attract more traffic and keep visitors engaged for longer periods of time. Maintaining a blog as a complement to your company website gives you a chance to connect with visitors in a new way. You can post information about the latest industry news, highlight products and services you offer, and even ask questions so that readers can post comments or provide feedback. Another benefit of having a blog is you can achieve high rankings on the major search engines on specific topics. If you find that many of your site visitors are looking for information on a certain topic relevant to your products and services, you can write a b log post about it and attract these customers to your site quickly.
Use some of these tips and strategies for maintaining a successful blog:
1. Post fresh and engaging content regularly. Capture the attention of your target market by providing fresh, engaging and even newsworthy content. Remember that not every blog post has to be “salesy” in nature. You can talk about current events relevant to your industry, summarize key points you learned from a trade show you recently attended, and post useful tips and advice-type blog posts to keep your readers informed.
2. Recycle existing content. If you have access to some old, informational articles your company may have written or a press release announcing something in the near future, don’t be afraid to re-purpose that content for your blog. Remember that any articles you have written for other sites can be linked to within a blog post and even quoted or summarized. Be creative about using different types of content you own to formulate a fresh new blog post.
3. Update it regularly. If your blog isn’t updated at least once per week, you could lose a visitor’s interest and may never even get a visitor to come back. Prove that you really are an authority on the subject you are writing about and are here to provide visitors with new, unique and high quality information regularly. Create and maintain a publishing schedule and update your blog at least once per week.
4. Don’t always focus on you. One of the keys to maintaining a successful blog is to create content that goes beyond just the latest news and happenings of your organization. Talk about the industry at large, trends or interesting insights about the market in your city or region, and provide expert advice on common problems some of your customers have. This makes your blog useful, informational and something that visitor will want to keep up with in the long run.
5. Follow your competition. Do some online research to keep up with the blog postings of your biggest competitors. What types of posts are garnering the most comments or Tweets? What type of style and tone do they use to create their posts. Look at different blogs to get ideas and also see what may be working – and what isn’t.
Maintaining a successful blog will take some hard work and you will need to focus on quality and consistency. Use some of these tips to attract more visitors to your website and power up your online marketing efforts.